1. I’ve got all my basic needs met: food, water, a place to live, affordable medical care, etc.
2. I’ve got a wonderful, supportive family…including my beautiful niece, Gillian, who is celebrating her first Thanksgiving today.
3. Even though I haven’t got a job, I’m actually doing a lot of what I love right now – writing. And I’m taking steps every day toward turning that into a job.
4. I live in a community that, over and over again, has shown itself to be full of friends, sometimes when I least expect it and most need it.
5. I have friends all over the world. That’s a really cool feeling.
6. I live in a country that values peace-keeping, human rights and taking care of its vulnerable citizens.
7. I’m much more than my disabilities.
8. “The Big Bang Theory” is on every night now.
Happy Thanksgiving, Canada.